Have Questions About Luxury Vinyl, Engineered Hardwood, or Laminate Flooring?
We’re here for you.
Here is a list of our most frequently asked questions about the beautiful, high quality flooring we sell. If you still have questions or are ready for a quote, call us at (844) 733-5667.
- Laminate flooring is available in planks or tiles with several different finishes.
- The durable construction of laminate provides stability, preventing seams from shifting during changes in humidity.
- Easy installation: Laminate flooring is lightweight, quickly snaps together and can be installed directly over most other flooring materials with only a few exceptions.
- Cleanup and maintenance: Occasional sweeping or mopping will keep your laminate flooring in top condition.
Use a broom or vacuum with soft-bristles to collect pet hair and dust. Clean with laminate-specific products. Use a steam mop occasionally for a deep clean. Daily use of steam can cause the laminate to buckle.
Although laminate is durable and scratch resistant, even the best laminate flooring is vulnerable to moisture damage. Luxury Vinyl Planks are 100% waterproof and can be installed in any room without additional precautions. Unlike hardwoods, vinyl isn’t prone to scratching from animal claws or active children running through the house. It’s very durable, even with the heaviest traffic.
- Hardwood flooring look without breaking the bank: Mimics natural hardwood flooring look and feel.
- Can handle moisture: It is the best flooring solution for humidity and surface wetness.
- Install it anywhere: Suitable for kitchens, bathrooms, over slabs of concrete and in basements.
- Creates warmth: Luxury vinyl planks have a special backrest that helps lower pressure and keeps the floor warmer.
Luxury vinyl today is made using PVC or polyvinyl chloride to give it a solid but elastic appearance. Unlike laminate flooring (which is also made up of layers), the base layer is made of strong support that gives structural toughness and durability. The top layer consists of a digital illustration that mimics a natural wood plank, texturized with 3D painting, and is complemented by a translucent wear coating of urethane. These layers improve the vinyl plank's natural look and feel by adding depth. The durable top coating prevents scuffs, bumps, and general wear, as well as orthopedic relief for additional support.
Hardwood flooring is a beautiful option if your seeking that timeless look. However, it’s durability and lack of ability to repel moisture is a downfall. Hardwood is porous and allows water to penetrate the surface, unlike luxury vinyl tiles which are 100% water proof. Cost is also something to consider, hardwood is roughly 2/3 more expensive than Lifetime Vinyl. Get the floor you’ll love more at a fraction of the price.
- Hard wood flooring is available in different plank widths and offers several different finishes.
- Solid hardwood can be sanded and refinished multiple times, and engineered hardwood can be sanded and refinished up to two times depending on the thickness.
- Easy installation: Certain types of hardwood flooring can be installed without glue, staples, or nails allowing for easy installation.
- Cleanup and maintenance: Sweeping or mopping is to maintain hardwood flooring